American Portfolios (AP) has an immediate need for an advisory platform analyst. In this role, the individual will support all aspects of the firm’s relationship with the AP Advisory Platform technology partner, SMArtX, including doing daily transactions/model changes, providing audit/recon of each model to ensure accuracy of the models, confirming the correctness of billing, and handling audit functions surrounding approved holdings. The advisory platform analyst will work across multiple departments and support teammates on the advisory team to complete the team’s objectives; at times, this will require the individual to step out of their role for the greater good of the department and company.
- Provide daily support for the AP Advisory Platform through SMArtX, including daily rebalancing, model changes, liquidations and reviewing IFA notifications from clearing firm (Pershing)
- Build and manage reconciliation process that reviews the accuracy of the AP Advisory Platform models
- Offer audit support of advisory account billing
- Manage the process of reviewing and auditing operational reporting, including owning the Global Securities Exclusions (B&C shares, alternatives and leveraged positions); Account Minimum Report; AP Advisory Platform audits; and adhoc reporting
- Support overall advisory initiatives, including support of the investment research team
- Participate in various committees, such as product review, product risk and the AP Advisor Council (APAC) Advisory Subcommittee
- Supplement the training support by the practice management area for the AP Advisory Platform
- Review and maintain the Advisory Services area within the HomePort intranet site to ensure functionality, current state and organization
- An interest in and understanding of investment advisory business
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft suite of programs, particularly Excel
- Ability to work individually without little direction, but also part of a team and across multiple departments
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Series 7 and/or 66 securities licenses strongly desired, or ability to achieve in the first year of employment
- Investment industry experience preferred
- Project management skills a plus
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. American Portfolios provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at will” basis.
* Based on a poll of registered representatives conducted by Investment Advisor magazine. Broker/dealers rated highest by their representatives are awarded “Broker/Dealer (B/D) of the Year.”
** Wealthmanagement.com Industry Award finalists are selected by a panel of independent judges made up of subject matter experts in the industry. Award is based on support provided to AP’s affiliated people, and does not reflect public customers nor their account performance.